Sunday, April 20, 2008

The View from the Cheap Seat



When it came time to furnish our remodeled family room, I wanted clean lines with a mid-century contemporary look. I wanted this Harry Bertoia chair for the corner. I love the simplicity of the diamond mesh and the texture of the metal gridwork. It was a little (OK a lot) out of my price range. $856 here.












I found this instead. Similar butterfly type design and the wicker adds texture appropriate for a family room. I found it in the back sale corner of our local Pier 1. Sorry, but I can't seem to find it available on line anywhere to even tell you what the name of it is. The cost? $49.


Six months ago when I bought this chair, after coveting the Bertoia, I felt I compromised. Today, I LOVE this chair. It is comfortable and is perfect for the corner it graces. There's a great view from the cheap seat.

No comments:

 
Site Meter