Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sugar High


When I was thinking about recipes for today, I couldn't decide between these two easy-peasy (and delicious) snacks. Then I looked at what recipes I have been posting lately and a storm of pure white cane sugar blinded me. Lotsa sweets. Oh well. To counter the sucrose overload, I have posted some warning signs of high blood sugar. Just in case.


Easy Chocolate Croissants


These are a wonderful and VERY quick sweet snack. Satisfies that mid-week I am craving something but I dont know what it is and what the heck can I make in 15 mins or less thing.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease cookie sheet or use a silicone mat.


Unroll 1 tube of crescent rolls. Unroll each roll (!!) and place about 2 tsp. of chocolate chips (or whatever will fit without making a spill-over mess) on the wide end of the dough and roll up.


Bake 12-15 mins.


Eat while hot. Don't worry- they wont last until they get cool anyway.


Sugared Almond Cracker Cookies


40 Keebler Club crackers

1-2 cups Sliced almonds

1c. butter

2/3 c. sugar


Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Then place crackers (leave crackers in whole rectangles) on foil and sprinkle with nuts. Melt the butter and add sugar to dissolve. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken; do not overcook. Pour over the crackers and nuts and bake in 300 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool, then break into pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

No comments:

 
Site Meter