Saturday, July 26, 2008

'shroom 'shroom 'shroom

I love these mushroom inspired crafts that are popping up on crafty blogs lately. These are definitely on the "to do" list.

Wonderful knitted toadstool baby rattles from Purl Bee.











And these felted chanterelles from Kathryn Ivy.










Remember the mushroom decorating craze of the 70's? I think it was on the heels of the "avocado green and harvest gold" movement. My high school boyfriend's mother went fungii-crazy decorating her kitchen with Sears Merry Mushroom patterned everything. The wallpaper, dishes, pots and pans, linens, clock, appliance covers, canisters, and on and on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I remember the mushroom craze... and I just can't get past it. I've learned to like avocado green again, but mushrooms, only on my steak please;-)
Kelly

 
Site Meter