Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TWD: Linzer Sables


A quick TWD post before I head to the airport for Tulsa. This week's Linzer Sables were....interesting. I am not sure what I did wrong, but the entire batch only produced 4 filled sandwich cookies and they were very hard, gritty, brittle and tasted like a dental preparation. I think I overdid the cloves and the cookies tasted like Anbesol. I also may have rolled the dough too thick as a lot of TWD bakers commented that the 1/4" that Dorie's recipe called for was too thick. I used a pretty snowflake cookie cutter and dusted with powdered sugar. Had I been succesful baking these cookies, they would have/should have been beautiful and tasty. They were neither.


Oh well, the raspberry jam was good!

3 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Sad! Your snowflake one looks wonderful, but maybe the nut meal needed to be finer? Maybe a different recipe will be kinder to you. And remember, there's always next week!

Megan said...

Oh how sad - cookies that taste like anbesol is NOT a good thing.

Better luck next week!!

Shelby said...

Have a safe trip! Sorry they didn't turn out for you.

 
Site Meter