Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Insert [Art] Here

When we remodeled the house last Fall we turned our master bedroom into a spa-like oasis. I love our bedroom. It reminds me of a Manhattan loft. The only thing possibly missing is a fantastic piece of art over the bed. I say possibly because I am not sure if the room even needs one more thing in it. But if it did, it would be over the bed and it would be something fantastic and original. Like this:



This is a watercolor by the late Lester Pancoast from Miami. He was a landscape architect and artist that did a lot of studies of palm trees. I love his use of color and the abstract way he captured the light filtering through the fronds.


I am still not sure of the need for artwork though. With the color of the room, Tornado Watch by Valspar, it may not be a good idea to go hanging palm trees over the bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think a nude of the Mr. would look nice up there.

 
Site Meter