Sunday, March 30, 2008

OCD Me


Ok- I admit it---today's blog title really means "Organized Children Delight Me". Because I was a compulsively organized child that grew into an unorganized young adult that morphed into a compulsively organized mature adult. During the years I was disorganized, I longed to not be. I ached to come full circle and be my "real" self...complete with drawer dividers, a label maker I actually use and matching hangers all with hooks facing the same way on the rod. AHHHH it feels so good.


One of my favorite websites to visit is called Found and every day they post a note or letter or other paper item that someone has found somewhere (in other words, something that some poor unorganized soul has lost) ...I love this one as I remember doing an almost exact time schedule/checklist when I was about 10 years old. I love how this checklist is broken down in less than 10 minute blocks----8 minutes to feed the cats (each time) and 8 minutes to call Alason. I even love the contingency plan here---the maybe eat for 1 hour and the maybe computer time. Notice though that nothing got checked off as "done" after going to Dad's from 8:50 to 9:30 ! Hope they at least remembered to feed the cats by 5:08.

No comments:

 
Site Meter