Monday, March 17, 2008

Pantry Raid




I love my pantry. When we remodeled the kitchen of our 70's ranch house a few years ago, we opened up what was then the laundry room off the kitchen and created an "annex" to the small kitchen. When we remodeled the entire house this past Fall, we added the wood floor and new paint and some finished cabinetry to the pantry to make it even more inviting. Our galley kitchen is small and I prefer a very uncluttered look- so the pantry is a perfect addition. I keep my "I like to play barista at home" kit on the one counter. There are lots of cubbies and over head storage for large pots and pans and a floor to ceiling dry goods cabinet. The washer and dryer serve as extra counter storage during holiday feasts.



I love looking at other people's pantries, too. I am inspired by organization. Lydia's blog, The Perfect Pantry takes a peek into real people's pantries. I am so thrilled that she will be featuring my pantry on her blog sometime in June! I will let you know when that happens.


For a look at a presidential pantry, check out the White House Museum site here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pantry. It is a perfect use of space.

Mamie

Eileen said...

love your pantry....can't wait to have more storage too.

 
Site Meter